Manufacturer: Olds Motor Company / General Motors (GM) , Lansing, Michigan – USA
Type: Dynamic Series 88 / 3219 Celebrity Sedan
Engine: 6075cc “Rocket” V-8 valve-in-head (by GM)
Power: 240 bhp / 4.600 rpm
Speed: 170 km/h
Production time: 1959
Production outlet: 70,995
Curb weight: 2041 kg
– After the ‘58 commercial disaster year, Oldsmobile came up with a completely restyled ’59 body, Olds called it the “Linear Look”, by Bill Mitchell.
– The number indicates the rank of the vehicle within the brand. Models that are lower in rank were thus given a lower number, such as the Oldsmobile 76 and 88. The 98 is the top car Oldsmobile.
– The Dynamic Series was the cheapest of the Series 88, followed by the most expensive model, the Super Series 88.
– The Oldsmobile 88 Series is considered the predecessor to the Muscle cars of the 1960s.
– This 4-door Sedan has a three-speed manual gearbox, column shifter, a Rochester dual downdraft carburettor, a 12-Volts electric system, distributor and coil ignition system, a 11 inch single plate dry disc clutch, a 76 liter fuel tank and rear wheel dive.
– The GM B-body platform semi-unitized box frame / chassis with X-traverse (a full perimeter frame) and all-steel body (by Fisher) has a 123 inch wheelbase, ball & nut steering, double headlights, safety glass, dual horns, cigarette lighter, an electric dash clock, single with crossover exhaust system, independent coil spring front suspension with trapezoidal wishbones, sway bar and hydraulic dampers, independent longitudinal leaf spring suspension with hydraulic dampers at the rear, a semi-floating type rear live axle, hypoid differential and 11 inch hydraulic drum brakes all round.
– The Series was available as this 4-door Celebrity Sedan, as 4-door Holiday Sedan (48,707 units built), as 4-door Fiesta (11,298 units built), as 2-door Sedan (16,123 units built), as 2-door Convertable Coupé (8,491 units built), as 2-door Holiday Coupé (38,488 units built) and as 2-door Sedan (16,123 units built).
– These fourth generation 88s were assembled at GM factory plants in South Gate (California), Baltimore (Maryland), Doraville (Georgia), Kansas City (Kansas), Kansas City (Missouri), Lansing (Michigan), Fremont (California), Linden (New Jersey) and Arlington (Texas).
– A 394 CID (6457cc) V-8 engine (280 bhp / 4.400 rpm), a Hydramatic automatic three-speed transmission, “Jetaway” Hydra-Matic four-speed transmission, two-tone colouring, air suspension, power windows, six way power adjustable seats, white wall tires, air conditioning, leather interior, an AM radio, power antenna, heater, defroster, dual exhaust system, Autronic Eye (automatically dimmed headlights) and Twilight Sentinel (turned the headlights on/off through a timer, controlled by the driver) were optional.
Tagged: , Clay , Olds Motor Company / General Motors (GM) , Lansing, Michigan – USA , Oldsmobile Dynamic Series 88 / 3219 Celebrity Sedan , 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic Series 88 Celebrity Sedan , co , American Luxury Car , AM-98-56 , King Cruise Amsterdam , Amsterdam – The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters of Creative Photography , Photographic World , The Pit Stop Shop , sexy , too sexy , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best of Today , 1959 , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Cars cars and more cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My friends pictures , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Nice as it gets , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , Lovely shot , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Simply Because , Simply Superb , Simply the best , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Moments in your life , SOE , WOW , The Best Shot , worldcars